Leche Flan Filipino Recipe
To other nations, it is recognised as Creme Caramel or Caramel Custard, but to us Filipinos, it is Leche Flan (Milk Flan). This quite loaded and delicious dessert is made up of a custard base with a delicate caramel on top rated. It is geared up by pouring sugar syrup into a mildew and then incorporating the custard foundation.
The Filipino model differs mainly because it works by using a lot more egg yolks and condensed milk which can make it extra dense. The most widespread way of getting ready it is by steaming around a stove leading or open flame. The mold is a baking pan that is oval shaped named llanera, but nowadays, custard cups and ramekins are also used as molds.
The Leche Flan is really well-known that any celebration is not total with no it, in particular through the vacations. It is also quite quick to prepare and the components are easy to discover. The simple ingredients are egg yolks, sugar, evaporated and condensed milk and flavoring, normally vanilla.
Try out this Leche Flan recipe and take pleasure in this creamy and sweet delight that will keep you wanting for a lot more.
Planning Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Produce: 6 servings
For the caramel
1 cup brown sugar
H2o cup drinking water
For the custard
10 egg yolks
12 oz evaporated milk
14 oz condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. To get ready the caramel, dissolve the sugar in drinking water in a saucepan. Caramelize the sugar in reduced heat by swirling the pan gently without the need of stirring. When you have attained a light-weight brown coloration, pour the combination into the mildew. Coat all the sections of the mould, including the sides.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix collectively the condensed milk, evaporated milk, egg yolks and vanilla extract with a whisk or a blender. Make certain that bubbles aren't shaped. Use the strainer if there are any sound particles.
3. Pour the combination in the mildew on top rated of the caramel. Fill it to about an inch thick. Address the mould with aluminum foil.
4. Steam for all-around 30 to 40 minutes. To exam if it is currently cooked, insert a knife in the center. If it arrives out clear, it is completed.
5. Let it interesting at area temperature. Loosen the flan by jogging a knife all over the edges of the mould. Location a serving dish on best of the mold, and gently switch it upside down with the caramel on major as a sauce.
6. Put in the refrigerator for several hours in advance of serving.
7. Take pleasure in!